When it comes to running a business, many startup business owners take it upon themselves to handle everything, from managing their kitchen to advertising their service. While this seems a good idea in the beginning, especially when there isn’t enough budget at hand, it is not a great idea in long-term. Even though you have knowledge in everything, including in cooking food, managing staff, and calculating taxes, you must not take everything upon yourself.
The restaurant world is very competitive; and if you’re not careful and wise, you could lose your customers and worse, your business. Well fortunately, a lot of business tasks now can be outsourced. Outsourcing means hiring another company or party to do certain tasks for your company, instead of paying your staff to do them or doing them yourself. It’s a great business strategy as it doesn’t only save time and reduce operational cost, but it also allows you to focus more on other important factors of your business and make the process a lot better and faster. Here are some of the most important tasks in your restaurant that you can outsource.
- You might be surprised, but restaurants also go through a ton of laundry, from dish rags to tablecloths, to chefs’ aprons, to servers’ uniforms. Of course, you don’t want to deal with those things over and over. So instead of washing countless of laundry, which really requires a great deal of time and strength, just send them out to another place to be cleaned.
- Cleaning Duty. Since you’re running a restaurant, you know how important it is to be clean, neat, and organized all the time. No one would ever want to eat at a restaurant that is dirty and stinky. Sure, you have your own cleaning staff, but their job is to only do basic cleaning duties, such as mopping, sweeping, and wiping the tables. They are not trained to do heavy-duty cleaning jobs, which include cleaning areas under the kitchen hood, behind the appliances, and on top of shelves. They might not know how to use certain cleaning equipment, so the best solution is to hire a deep cleaning service.
- If there’s one thing that you don’t ever want to happen, it is to run into trouble with the tax man. Calculating taxes, particularly of business tax, is a complicated matter. Unless you’re a professional accountant, don’t attempt to do your business taxes. Hire an accounting firm or a professional accountant, and then let them do the job for you.
- A lot of people don’t know that payroll is not just about writing a paycheck and sending them out to employees. Payroll involves performing many tasks, including making financial records, identifying pay raise and deductions, calculating taxes, filing forms, and printing reports. It’s a complicated business task that requires a lot of time, thinking, and energy. Unless your restaurant only employs a very small number of staff, payroll outsourcing is something that you should consider.
- In this digital age, almost everyone has a website. This is especially true for people who are in the business industry. Having your own website provides you with so many benefits, including marketing your products, reaching your customers, and getting more potential customers. Even if you think that you’re a computer savvy, or know the basics of web designing, it is still best to outsource this area of your business.
- When it comes to running any kind of business, advertising/marketing is one of the most important. This is the best way to let people know what you’re doing, what you’re offering, and where they can find you. No matter what kind of advertising strategy you want to use, whether its social media, television, or newspaper advertising, it’s imperative to hire a professional marketing company for that job.