Having a healthy mouth and teeth are essential in our lives. If our teeth are unhealthy, it becomes uncomfortable, and at times impossible for us to eat. There is also the fact that an unhealthy mouth could lead to infections and things like bad breath and tooth decay. There are many ways that we can take care of our mouths and teeth, although I know that most people think that just brushing our teeth is enough. In this article, we are going to discuss how to keep your mouth and teeth healthy.
Infants and children
When children are born, their first set of teeth is usually almost all formed, and the teeth are concealed under the gums. These are known as milk teeth and they enable the baby to chew food when they are born, as well as preparing the way for the permanent teeth, so that they can grow straight. Baby’s teeth can be cared for in the following ways:
- Cleaning them daily by rubbing them with a clean wet cloth gently. You can switch to using a child’s toothbrush.
- Toothpaste shouldn’t be used by children that are under the age of two, water should be used instead.
- Children shouldn’t sleep with bottles of milk or juice in their mouths as this could lead to the formation of cavities that are otherwise known as “baby-bottle tooth decay.”
- As the children grow older, they should be encouraged to eat low sugar snacks as compared to candy.
- Teach them how to brush their teeth the right way, and coach them on the importance of keeping their teeth clean.Visit the dentist regularly.
If a person doesn’t take care of their mouth, it could lead to things like unpleasant breath. To avoid this, one should:
- Use a fluoride toothpaste to brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Avoid smoke or chewing tobacco, since it stains the teeth and leaves behind bad breath, and cancer.
- Always wear protective gear during contact sports.
- Visit the dentist at least twice a year for check-ups and cleanings.
It is important for adults to continue caring for their mouths and teeth so as to avoid loss of teeth, painful gums, or other problems. A dentist should be consulted right away in case of any problems. Below are some helpful tips:
- Brushing teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Flossing teeth at least once a day.
- Avoid smoking or chewing of tobacco.
- Consult with doctors to ensure that medicines you take don’t have side effects on your teeth.
- Ensure that there aren’t any sores that don’t heal, irritated gums, or other changes, in your mouth.
- Visit the dentist at least twice a year for checkup.
Novo Dental Centre
In the event that you ever need to have your teeth checked out, or you would like to protect your smile, you might want to consider getting in contact with Novo Dental Centre. They are located in Abbotsford, and the team consists of Dr. Jean Provo, Dr. Kareem Nada, and Ajay Vig (denturist). Some of the health accessories that they offer include night guards, sports guards, and they also offer cancer screening. Those that would like to get in touch can give them a call on 604.854.6162, and schedule an appointment.
Dental health is something that we should all take very seriously, adhering to some of the tips that we have mentioned above to keep teeth and mouths in great shape. In the event that you get a medical condition or need to buy dental accessories, don’t hesitate to check out Novo Dental Centre.