Toaster ovens are an important aspect in our homes, however, when shopping around for one, one can get pretty confused about which one to pick. This is because there are very many in the market, coming in all sorts of sizes. In this article, we are going to look at some tips to look out for when shopping for a toaster oven. We are also going to review a number of toaster ovens to make it easier for you when shopping for one.
Decide whether you want a countertop model or a model that mounts under your cabinet.
- For those who value portability, a countertop toaster oven would be their best bet since when not in use, it can be kept away. They don’t have any installation process.
- If you’re looking to have more countertop space, an inbuilt toaster oven would work best for you.
Measure the space where your toaster oven will be used
You will need to measure both the counter space and the storage space, where you intend to store the toaster oven when not in use.
Measure the distance from where your toaster oven will be used to the nearest outlet
It is not recommended to use a toaster oven as this could cause a fire hazard. You’ll therefore need to ensure that you can plug it into the wall. When selecting a toaster oven, go for one that has a chord that is long enough to reach your power outlet.
Consider the features that are important to you based on your individual needs Here are some toaster oven features to consider.
- Choose the toaster oven size depending on the size of your kitchen and also depending on the cooking options. If you intend to make casseroles or roast whole chicken, you might want to opt for a bigger toaster oven. Smaller toaster ovens tend to free up space in the kitchen.
- Toasters with electronic touchpads are easier to clean than dials since they are flat and without grooves. They don’t pick up dirt and their settings are also more precise as compared to dials.
- If you intend the toaster to also double up as a microwave, go for one with the right settings, such as defrost, warm and other options.
- If you’re a meat lover, you might want to go for a toaster with a broil setting to make cooking it easier.
- For the sake of convenience, it is best to go for a toaster that has a light inside since it will allow you to see the food when it is cooked. This is also very important when broiling steaks or melting cheese.
Shop for your toaster oven
Discount stores, department stores, warehouse stores and cooking product stores are some of the places that one can shop for toaster ovens. There are also many offers on the internet in stores like Amazon and eBay.
We are now going to review a number of toaster ovens. They are amongst the best that you can find in the market today.
Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ
Every Breville product begins with a simple moment of brilliance. The Breville Smart Oven began with the simple fact that different foods require different methods of heating: some, like baked goods, need to be cooked evenly; others, like meats, need to be seared on top. Most toaster ovens fail to distribute heat in a consistent way throughout their interiors, let alone change heat distribution to suit the different foods being prepared. This is how the Breville Smart Oven stands apart: whatever the food, it adjusts its heat distribution for perfect results.
Element IQ Variable Power Distribution
The Mini Smart Oven is equipped with Element IQ cooking technology, which adjusts the power of four individual quartz heating elements to cook food more evenly and quickly. This sophisticated heating system distributes heat throughout the oven when and where it is needed, to guarantee more efficient cooking. Eight different menu options allow users to choose the best setting for the food they are cooking. In addition to dynamically distributing heat to different areas, the Mini Smart Oven can adjust the wattage of its heating elements for even more cooking flexibility. Most ovens have elements with fixed wattage that can only switch between ON and OFF, but Element IQ functions much like a dimmer on a light switch, increasing or decreasing element power with a simple turn of the knob.
For example, toast needs to be cooked evenly on both sides without drying out the inside, so the Mini Smart Oven uses high radiated heat from above and below (1800W distributed between the four elements) to crisp the outside quickly.
On the other hand, baking needs gentler, even heat that will cook the inside of the baked goods without toughening the outer crust, so the Mini Smart Oven uses 1500W distributed over the top and bottom elements.
Each of eight functions (bake, broil, roast, cookies, reheat, pizza, bagel, and toast) is preset with recommended settings, taking the guesswork out of cooking. However, each can be customized according to recipe, volume of food, or personal taste. Customized settings will remain in the memory of the oven until changed or until the oven is unplugged from the wall outlet, streamlining your cooking process.
- 4 Quartz 1800 Watt Elements with Element IQ Technology
- Function dial with 8 pre-set cooking functions
- This is not an under the cabinet toaster oven – it needs some clearance on top due to the product producing heat
- 4-Slice capacity, 11″ pizza, 0.45 cu ft. interior with 3 rack positions, pull-out crumb tray and auto shut off
- Powder coated steel housing and non-stick interior cavity coating. External Dimensions: 15.5” (L) x 14” (W) x 8.75” (H); Internal cooking area 11” (L) x 10” (W) x 4” (H)
- 4 Quartz 1800 Watt Elements with Element IQ Technology
- Function dial with 8 pre-set cooking functions
Oster TSSTTVDGXL-SHP Digital Countertop Oven
Cook with the convenience of an oven on your countertop. Convection technology provides faster, more even cooking for optimal results. Extra-large capacity can accommodate large casserole, roasting and baking pans and fits a 16 inches pizza. 200-450° temperature range with bake, toast, pizza and defrost settings. Avoid turning on your conventional oven to keep the kitchen cooler and conserve energy. With the Oster brand, you can cook with passion and serve with pleasure.
Use 50% less energy
Full-size ovens are not very efficient for cooking small- to medium-sized meals. Cooking a meal in the Oster digital counter-top oven has the potential to save over 50 percent of the energy used to cook the same meal in a conventional electric oven.
- Extra-Large capacity with 16-inch Pizza fit digital controls, bake, broil, toast, pizza and defrost.
- Convection technology for even heating, stainless finish, 90 minute timer with auto shut off, chamber dimensions: Width:15.75-inch, Depth: 16.36-inch, lower rack to upper heater: 6.85-inch
- Easy clean interior for quick clean up; 200-450° temperature range with bake, toast, pizza and defrost settings.
- Includes: 2 oven rack, durable bake pan and integrate broil rack.
- Outside Dimensions: width: 21.65″ x Height: 12.91″ x Depth: 19.2″
- Interior Dimensions: Width: 15.75 x Depth: 16.36″ x Height (lower rack to upper heater): 6.85″
Black & Decker TO1313SBD
Large enough for a 9” pizza or four slices of bread, the Black & Decker 4-Slice Stainless Steel Toaster Oven with Broiler Pan complements any kitchen countertop. This compact, versatile toaster oven bakes, broils, toasts, and keeps food warm, at up to 450°F. It comes with a baking and broiler pan that fits perfectly into the small toaster oven interior. Plus, our exclusive EvenToast Technology optimizes heat distribution to toast bread evenly. When it’s time to eat, trust the number 1 brand in toaster ovens, Black & Decker. Large viewing window keep an eye on food during cooking. The durable glass window gives you a clear view of food throughout the cooking process. Bake/broiler pan don’t worry about finding pans to fit in the oven. The included baking/broiling pan fits perfectly, making it easy to insert and remove food. Toasting rack also included.
- EvenToast Technology – The toaster oven interior is specially designed for even toasting of up to 4 slices of bread at a time.
- 9” Pizza, 4 Slices of Bread – The compact toaster oven fits nicely on the countertop, while the curved interior makes room for 9” pizzas and 4 slices of bread.
- Four Functions – The stainless-steel toaster oven’s cooking functions include: baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping food warm.
- 30-Minute Timer – The timer includes precise toast settings and stay-on functionality.
- Removable Crumb Tray – Keep the toaster oven clean with the convenient removable crumb tray.
Cuisinart TOB-40 Toaster Oven
Cuisinart’s TOB-40 toaster oven broiler is large enough and smart enough to present a full range of menu options. Toast four bagel halves, bake an 11-inch pizza, or broil two big open-faced sandwiches. Always Even Shade Control monitors the temperature and adjusts the timing to consistently toast to the shade selected every time. A convenient auto slide-out rack provides hands-free loading and easy removal of cooked foods. When the cooking is done, it’s easy to clean with its reflective nonstick coating on the oven’s interior that wipes clean in seconds, which enhances heat efficiency and ensures even toasting.
- 1800 Watts to toast, bagel, bake and broil with a full-size interior holds 11-inch pizza and 6 slices of toast
- Stainless steel front with rubberized easy grip dials and cool touch handle with easy clean nonstick interior and a front removable tray
- Always even shade control monitors the temperature and adjusts timing to consistently toast to the shade selected every time
- Convenient auto side-out rack for hands free loading and easy removal of cooked foods and automatic shutoff safety feature
- Includes: baking pan/drip pan, broiling rack, wire rack, front removable slide-out crumb tray, and a clutter-free cord wrap
Hamilton Beach Easy Reach
You won’t find a design like the Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Toaster Oven with Roll-Top Door anywhere else. Its unique and large opening make food easy to reach. And since the door opens above the oven, it frees up your countertop space in front. Best of all, it’s easy to keep clean because food can’t spill on the door.
With a 4-slice toast capacity and three cooking settings, you can enjoy everything from crispy toast, broiled fish and mouthwatering roasted vegetables. Easy dials make it simple to choose bake, broil and toast settings. And two rack positions allow you to cook a wider variety of foods to their specifications. It also features a 30-minute timer with auto shutoff, so you know when your food is ready. Or you can choose an optional stay-on setting for food requiring more time. The Easy Reach Toaster Oven comes with a bake pan, oven rack, and removable crumb tray.
- Easy access to food and countertop
- Easy to keep clean, food can’t spill on door
- Removable door for easy cleanup
- Bake, broil and toast functions
- Fits 4 slices of toast or 9″ pizza
- Includes bake pan
- 2 rack positions
- Front-access crumb tray
- 30-minute timer with auto shutoff and optional stay on setting
Panasonic Flash Xpress Review
Toast, bake, brown and reheat up to 40% faster than conventional toaster ovens with the smart, double-infrared power of the Panasonic NB-G110P Flash Xpress Toaster Oven. With FlashXpress you never preheat. Just push ‘on’ for instant, super-efficient heat from two quartz and ceramic elements for food cooked thoroughly inside and out. Cook settings and controls are easy to use and logically located on the oven’s stay-cool control panel. Six pre-set touch modes automatically calculate the perfect temperature and time for heating everything from toast to leftovers to frozen hash browns and pizza.
And for perfect snacks, piping hot meals and side dishes, a touch-button temperature sensor gives you precise manual control with eight precision heat level settings and a smart digital timer. The oven’s simple, clean design accents any kitchen décor or countertop. And for added convenience, the oven includes a distinctive square inner tray, a baking tray and removable crumb tray, plus a bright interior light.
- “FlashXPress” double Infrared Light cooks up to 40-percent faster than conventional toaster ovens
- Smart toaster oven with automatically calculating cooking time function and control over the heat for variety foods
- Easy-to-use control panel with 6-menu illustrated presets for toast bread, pizza, frozen foods and quick reheat
- Perfectly compact design with small footprint on countertop, front removable tray and nonstick interior for easy to clean
- A perfect fit for pizza up to 9 inches in diameter or up to four slices of bread
Oster TSSTTVMNDG Large Capacity
This large capacity countertop oven from Oster features convection baking to circulate hot air throughout the oven for flakier crusts, crispier edges and even-browning in less time. An entirely digital control panel offers precise heat and time adjustments plus several preset cooking functions to properly bake your food. You can also select the exact toast shade you desire, from light to dark. You can even cook worry-free with the 90-minute countdown timer that automatically shuts off the oven once complete.
- 6-Slice toaster oven with convection technology for faster, more even cooking
- Digital controls with interior light for easy viewing
- Extra-Large interior-holds 13 by 9 pan, whole chicken, casseroles, roast and ham
- Removable external crumb tray; two rack positions
- Measures 19-1/2 by 14 by 11-inch
The Waring Pro Professional Toaster Oven is a perfect example of the new decade’s optimal kitchen appliance. By allowing home cooks to toast, bake or broil a wide range of foods in a simple and efficient manner, this new toaster oven serves a broad array of consumer needs and thus stakes its claim on the countertop. Waring’s new Toaster Oven has 1500-watts of power and can reach a peak temperature of 450F, making it easy for home cooks to prepare a variety of foods throughout the day. A temperature control dial ensures even and consistent heat that results in faster cooking times, and a host of other customized features can accommodate individual preferences.
This unit has two rack levels to accommodate a variety of foods, so whether consumers are broiling steak on the broiling pan, baking cookies or cake on the toaster oven’s baking tray or toasting bagels on the reversible oven rack, any recipe can be completed simply and efficiently. The unit also features a timer/toast shade control dial with bell signal that can be set for up to 30 minutes. Activating this function will automatically turn the oven off at the end of the selected cooking time, resulting in perfect results for any recipe. The Waring Pro Professional Toaster Oven has a streamlined, industrial stainless-steel design with a tempered glass door for easy viewing. The sophisticated look of the unit lends an air of professionalism to the kitchen, ensuring that it will remain a longtime countertop staple.
- Four slice, 0.45 cubic ft. capacity
- Bake, broil or toast functions
- Brushed stainless steel finish
- Includes bake tray, broil pan, wire rack and crumb tray
- Limited one year product warranty
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
This toaster oven along with the others, was listed by Oven Shopper. Today’s busy lifestyle has made the multifunctional countertop oven more popular than ever. This Cuisinart Toast Oven Broiler has a great sense of style, three versatile cooking options, state-of-the-art electronic touchpad controls, and a capacity large enough to let it double as a second oven. Cuisinart makes baking a whole chicken, broiling fish, or toasting 6 slices of bread easy as pie!
- 6-slice toaster oven with spacious 0.6-cubic-foot capacity
- Pizza/bake, broil, and toast options; bagel, reheat, and defrost buttons
- Shade control with heat sensor maintains precise oven temperature
- Electronic touchpad controls, clock and oven timers, easy-to-clean interior
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
There is a wide variety of toaster ovens to choose from depending on what you need and the amount of money that you have. Now you don’t have to look further than the toaster ovens mentioned above.